It all started when...
I was three years old and dreamed of a pregnant Barbie. For real!
My love for pregnancy, birth, babies and families has been a part of me for as long as I've been me. Growing up in Oregon to Argentinian parents, I was led to believe that pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding were all normal parts of being a human. I was confused by the more hushed attitudes regarding these things once I moved to the Northeast as a teen, and resolved to go to nursing school in order to work in women’s health care, promoting the normalcy and power of birth and parenthood. After 5 years working as Postpartum RN and IBCLC at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell, I stepped away to devote myself to my own business, Born Knowing. As a doula, birth assistant, and lactation consultant, I am best able to use my clinical RN knowledge without any time limit to provide continuous, uninterrupted support to women and families in labor. Having recently joined forces with Elizabeth Perez, of Expecting Wonder, I am thrilled to expand my community and my offerings as part of a fantastic team of doulas.
- A Certified Advanced Holistic Doula through the Matrona Foundation
- A DONA trained birth doula
- An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- A Registered Nurse
- A childbirth educator at Manhattan Birth
- A Native Spanish Speaker (raised by Argentinian parents)
- Passionate about racial disparities in pregnancy and birth care
- Committed to providing families of all skin tones, sexual orientations and identities with loving and inclusive care
- Funny, honest and straighforward